- Look at books and stories together - use the text and sometimes add your own words
- Find out all the different parts of a book and what they are for: front and back cover, title, picture, letter, word (a group of letters which can be read)
- Be a Print Detective! Look for all the different types of print around us - a menu in a cafe, a shopping list, signs in the supermarket or other shops, road signs and shop signs. Take some photos and send them in to me to look at.
- Play in the park - find a hill and a flat place - which do you prefer and why?
- Have a look for patterns: spots, stripes, checks, zig zags, waves. Can you make your own? Here's one to try: sock sock vest, sock sock vest! or ... spoon fork, spoon fork, spoon fork. Remember a pattern is something that is repeated several times. What patterns do you wear.
- Visit a watery place - what do you like or not like?
- Can you create a watery world at home? What will be in it?