Monday 12th October-Friday 16th October
'We have been jumping from a line then we had to see who did the longest jump?' Amy
'We have been measuring length this week.' Felix
'We have been measuring each others arms. We helped discovery dog to solve a problem.' Storm
'We had to find out if the tallest person in our class had the longest arms.' Bella
'We have been singing about different body parts and we made our own skeletons.' Joe
'In literacy we have been writing our own funny stories about animals that can't do things.' Luc
'We have been writing our own alien words.' Javier
Monday 12th October-Friday 16th October
Monday 5th October-Friday 8th October
Monday 5th October-Friday 9th October
- On Monday we had a magical toy museum workshop. We explored different toys from the past and present and invented our own toys for the future!
- We have written our own endings for our Titch stories using our 'must have' toolkit.
- In maths we have been measuring height. We ordered each other from shortest to tallest.
- In RE we learnt about Moses, we created our own scene from the story and did some acting.
- Today we had a science day! It was amazing! We learnt about the 5 senses. We did 5 different activities like: smell testing, hearing the bell game, feely bags, blindfolded drawing and food tasting!
- We finished the day off by drawing round each other and labelling the body parts. We have learnt a fab song to show you all at Curriculum afternoon on Wednesday
Monday 28th September-Friday 2nd October
- We have changed the story of Titch to make it our own. We made our stories really funny.
- We have been solving maths problems for discovery dog.
- We played team games in PE, we had to get in height order along the bench. We had to stay on the bench incase the sharks got us!
- We gave directions to the bee bots to get through a route that we made.
- Some of us have brought in our homework to share with the class, we have done some amazing work.
Monday 21st September-25th September
' We have been learning about toys from the past.' Freddie
'We have been looking at toys from the past and toys from the present.' Felix
'We have been practising to break numbers up into tens and ones.' Vinnie
'This morning we have been looking at each others favourite toys. We have been drawing and writing about them.' Lexie
'We have made our story maps of Titch.' Holly
'We have learnt some new sounds this week.' Rudi
'We have learnt so much more about old toys by looking at them.' Bella
' We have learnt a song to help us remember the days of the week.' Xavi
'We have been playing lots of different games in PE.' Tehilliah
Monday 14th September-Friday 18th September
Monday 14th September- Friday 18th September
'We have got lots of puzzle pieces for our class reward this week.' Flo
'We have learnt a new song in assembly.' Felix
'We have been counting in tens.' Amy
'We have been counting to 100 in tens.' Madison
'We have learnt a new story called You'll soon grow into them Titch.' Freddie W
'On Monday we dressed up Freddie as Titch the character from the story. All the clothes were too big for him!' Joe
'We have been counting using straws, we had bundles of tens and ones. We know that 23 is made up of 20 and a 3.' Holly
'In history we were finding out where to find information about the past.' Bella
'We have been practising our phonics, we have learn to spell some tricky trouts.' Rudi
Monday 7th September-Friday 11th September
'We have been painting old toys.' Holly
'We had class assembly and we talked about things we were worried about.' Felix
'We looked at a suitcase of old toys that Miss Dudding found in her attic.' Storm
'We had PE, we played games with Coach Alex.' Lexi
'We have been practising our handwriting.' Luc
'We have been counting up to 100 in 10s.' Xavi
'We have been doing spot the difference in the morning.' Joe
'This week we made our own toys. We have made a cup and ball and a kite.' Flo
Thursday 3rd September- Friday 4th September
Thursday 3rd September-Friday 4th September
1 Elm have settled in really well. We have had a fantastic start. Here are some of the things we have done this week:
'This morning we did a spot the difference.' Lexie
'We coloured bees. These are to show that we will all join in with our class rules.' Lexie
'We wrote postcards about our summer holidays.' Freddie B
'We practised our handwriting.' Storm
'We used the chalk to practise our numbers outside.' Asta
'This week we have been reading to the adults.' Xavi
'This morning we had to look for treasure. We had to sort them into real and fake words.' Luc
'In maths we made number lines going as far as we could.' Felix
'We made models of the Gruffalo.' Emily