Term 3 - Chocolate
This term, our topic is 'Chocolate'! We kicked it off with some chocolate tasting! We will be looking at the history of chocolate, how chocolate is and and advertised and about fair trade. In science, we are looking at the changing states of matter.
Term 3 - Curriculum Map - Chocolate
Home Learning Ideas
We will continue to send home spellings and times tables.
Here are some ideas if you would like to explore our topic some more at home:
- Can you create your own recipe using chocolate? You could then write out the recipe and make it.
- Our story for this term is from 'Nigeria'. What can you find our about Nigeria? Can you find it on an atlas? You could make a fact file about it.
- You could pop to the library and find 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' to read. 'Chocolate Cake' by Micheal Rosen is an excellent poem too. Can you find any other stories about chocolate?
- You could design your own Chocolate Factory and make a leaflet about it.
- If you eat any chocolate, look at the bar, what fractions could you split the chocolate bar into.