Monday 3rd April- Friday 7th April
- In our topic this week we have been making our board games which we designed. On Thursday afternoon some of our parents came in to play the games and test them out!
- Today we went swimming and we had a fun session because it was the last day of term.
- In maths we were finding a fraction of a number.
- In RE we wrote newspaper reports about the Easter Story.
- Today it is Miss Duddings birthday!
- In literacy we have been writing instructions of how to play our own board games.
- In art we were drawing animals or objects that begin with the first sound of the letter in our name.
Have a lovely Easter holiday!
Monday 20th March-Friday 24th March
- On Wednesday we had a skipping workshop where a man came in and taught us skipping tricks. In the afternoon we did a performance to KS1.
- This week in art we made Mother's day cards.
- In PE we have made up some more of a dance, we used some dance techniques such as action-reaction and mirroring.
- In literacy we have been planning our own rags to riches story.
- In maths we have been learning about fractions.
- In topic we learnt about toys from different eras. We plotted these along a timeline.
- Today it is red nose day, we all came to school wearing red and have raised money for charity.
Monday 13th March-Friday 17th March
- This week in maths we have been learning about long division. We have been practising all week and have done really well.
- In literacy we have been learning a rags to riches story about a girl who has very few toys but then becomes very happy and successful.
- In RE we learnt about a Hindu Festival called Holi, we created our own pieces of art linked to the festival of colour.
- Our new topic is ' The Games Children Play', on Monday we talked about the games we play and questions we want to find out. We went out to the playground and played hop-scotch.
Monday 6th March-Friday 10th March
- In maths we have been comparing time, we used stop watches to time different events and ordered these. We have been solving time problems.
- In literacy we have been learning a Mayan story called The Hero Twins, we created story maps then wrote the story from a different characters point of view.
- In science we did an investigation about the strength of magnets and plotted our results on a bar graph.
- In PE we started creating a class dance, we used different techniques and had a lot of fun!
- Today we went swimming again, it was great to be back at the pool.
- On Thursday we went to see a show called Sammy and the Snow Leopard, it was amazing
Monday 27th-Friday 3rd March
- This week was world book day, we celebrated by dressing up as our favourite characters.
- On Wednesday it was St Davids Day. Zed's mum came and gave us a talk about what it meant and how it is celebrated.
- In maths we have been learning about data, we have been collecting data using tally charts then representing this is pictograms and bar charts.
- In literacy we have been editing and publishing our work on the Mayons. We are creating a class book for the book corner.
- In art we have been designing mayan patterns.
Tuesday 20th February-Friday 24th February
- This week in literacy we have learning about the Mayans and writing an information report. We have been learning to take notes and turn these into sentences.
- In art/history we have been creating hieroglyphics and designing our own in the same style.
- In maths we have been dividing. We have learnt different ways to do this such as arrays and dividing on a number line.
- In PE we played different games working on our balance.
- In art with Mrs H we were drawing 3D shapes , we used lego and had to shade them.
- In history we looked at mayan artefacts and had to predict what they were used for and who by.