Term 4 - Ingenious Inventors
This term, our topic is 'Ingenious Inventors'. We will be having a Science, History and Geography focus.
We will look at famous inventions such as the telephone and the light bulb but also some lesser known inventors of the ice cream maker and tooth paste!
Curriculum map Y4 T4
Home Learning Ideas
- Take a trip to the library, can you find some non-fiction books about inventors? Can you find any fiction books that have got inventors in them too?
- If you could invent anything, what would it be? Make a design and lable it.
- Can you make your invention?
- We have noticed that it's easy to find out about male inventors but not so easy to find out about female inventors. Why do you think this is? What can you find out about female inventors? Create a fact file.
- Continue to learn your times tables. Remember you are expected to know up to 12 x 12 by the end of year 4.
- When you are reading at home, make sure you can talk about the book and know what is happening in the story. Check in with your adult if you/re not sure the meaning of a word.
Useful websites for revision:
BBC Bitesize- all subjects