Term 5 - Our Sustainable City
What a load of rubbish!
Welcome to Term 5!
We hope you had a great Easter break.
This term will shall be finding out where all the rubbish goes in Bristol and having a think about how we can create less of it. We shall be venturing into Victoria Park as part of our topic to see what litter there is, to pick it up and then to make the public more aware of it.
Coming up on Wednesday 22nd May is our class charity event to raise money for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal. Are you going to take on the Great Lego Brick Road Challenge and walk bare-footed across the Lego brick path? It promises to be a really fun event and we're looking forward to it!
Swimming will continue for Term 5 on Thursday afternoons as usual. Everyone has made a lot of progress in the pool so far this year - well done!
As well as all this we will also be discovering magnetic force, continuing to master fractions, advancing our measuring skills, finding out how sporty we are in PE with Bristol Sport and creating junk instruments!
Year 3 Homework Ideas
- Read aloud to a family member every evening for at least 20 minutes.
- Learn your weekly spellings and revise old ones, too!
- Put your spellings into meaningful sentences.
- Learn your weekly focus times tables.
- Write a diary entry for a character in a book you have read. What are their thoughts and feelings? What have they been up to in the story?
- Go shopping with your family and calculate the costs. How much change would you get if you paid in cash?
- Write a continuation of a story inspired by a book you have read.
- Go on bbc revisewise website for a range of activities, questions and ideas.
- Coolmaths4kidz website has maths challenges and games to play.