Home Learning Ideas
- Do some cooking at home; practise your weighing skills by measuring out the ingredients.
- Make a shop at home! Add up totals and find the change for customers.
- Find different containers, can your order them? Estimate the volume? Add or subtract volumes? Enjoy exploring capacity in the bath or outside.
- Go to the library and choose a non-fiction book. Make a poster about what you found out.
- Make a timetable of your week, plotting the times and duration of each event.
- Create your own tomb or coffin for a mummy. Remember they are decorated with a picture of the person and show off their wealth.
- Research what ancient Egyptian homes looked like, then show in pictures, words or a model.
- Make a simple game about ancient Egypt e.g. snap, uno, snakes and ladders etc.
- Create a fact file about ancient Egypt. Think about the river Nile, the Pyramids, the gods, food and drink, their clothing and the houses.
- Using the words – Ancient Egypt create an acrostic poem.
- List ten things that we would not see in Ancient Egypt and why. List ten things that we would see in Ancient Egypt and why.