Unity and Generosity
Unity is at the heart of a community. Christians believe that as far as possible they should live in peace with all people.
Unity is about working together to achieve the best for everyone. We are all responsible.
How will you show unity in our community?
What is Unity? Here are some ideas:
- We know we are all different on the outside
- We learn we are similar on the inside
- We learn and play together
- We care for each other
- We help each other
BUT ....... we don't have to think the same thing, at the same time, all the time!
As far as possible, we should try to agree with each other, in order to live peaceful lives in our community.
THINK ABOUT THIS: Should we always try to keep the peace, even if how someone acts or thinks is wrong? Did Jesus always keep the peace? Have a look at stories of Jesus - you will find some in the New Testament part of the Bible - the Christians' Holy Book.
See if you can keep the peace. Below is the United Nations Kids for Peace Pledge. Do you agree with the ideas? What can you pledge? (A pledge is a firm promise that you really really try to keep)
- I pledge to use my words to speak in a kind way
- I pledge to help others as I go throughout my day
- I pledge to care for our Earth with my healing heart and hands
- I pledge to respect people in each and every land
- I pledge to join together as we unite the big and small
- I pledge to do my part to to create peace for one and all
Generosity is about loving others as ourselves. Generosity is about giving - our time, our talents, our resources. It can be costly; we may give and not get any thanks. We may go without in order to give to others.
Christians believe that God loves and values all people so much that His Son Jesus died on the cross in order to restore a relationship broken by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This is the highest act of generosity.
Can you see any links between Unity and Generosity?
How will you demonstrate these values towards yourself and others around you?