Behaviour Policy - St Mary Redcliffe Primary School
St Mary Redcliffe Primary School is committed to creating an environment where exemplary behaviour is at the heart of productive learning. Everyone is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, to accept responsibility for their behaviour and encourage others to do the same. Our behaviour policy guides staff to teach self-discipline not blind compliance. It echoes our core values with a heavy emphasis on respectful behaviour, a partnership approach to managing poor conduct and dynamic interventions that support staff and learners.
Aims of the policy
- To promote a positive, calm and safe environment where all children can flourish.
- To establish a framework for staff which focuses on consistencies, high expectations and positive relationships.
- To create a culture of exceptionally good behaviour: for learning, for community, for life.
- To ensure that all learners are treated fairly and shown respect.
- To help learners take control over their behaviour and be responsible for the consequences of it.
- To build a community which values kindness, care, good humour, good temper and empathy for others.