DBAT (Diocese of Bristol Academy Trust)
The Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust was established in 2012 and has now grown steadily to 15 primary academies and 1 Secondary. Kingfisher Academy, a brand new primary academy opened this September.
Our vision is to be a Trust of exceptional academies with strong Christian ethos which provide a values-led education and opportunities for all children to flourish and achieve their fullest potential. We aim for all our academies to be schools of choice, with good or better Ofsted and SIAMS grades, and will work with local communities, staff, children, parents, churches & the wider Diocesan family to achieve this.
DBAT’s core purposes are to:
• Focus on improving the educational experiences, employment prospects and life chances of young people, especially those from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds;
• Demonstrate that children’s life-chances are improved when their formal education is within the context of an academy that is founded in the Christian tradition, established in an ethos that is distinctively Christian and embraces the very best practices in teaching, learning, leadership, management and safety;
• Accelerate students’ levels of attainment and achievement, raising student, teacher and parental aspirations and ambitions;
• Help to create more cohesive communities, enhancing opportunities for social mobility by striving to eliminate the attainment gap between students from disadvantaged backgrounds and young people who by circumstances of birth and inheritance take for granted their automatic right to a good education;
• Transform the overall performance of underperforming schools in deprived areas, helping to improve and innovate in all aspects of teaching, learning and leadership together with promoting the development of future leaders.
DBAT shares the Church of England's Vision for Education 2016, "Deeply Christian, Serving the Common Good", which includes four basic elements wisdom, hope, community and dignity. We aim to deliver values-led education with the very best outcomes for children and young people.
DBAT cherishes the principle of family. We believe that pupils’ needs are collectively met through collaboration, joint purpose and a strong Christian ethos which allows all children and staff to flourish. Christian values are central to all our work; generosity, compassion, courage, forgiveness, friendship, respect, thankfulness, trust, perseverance, justice, service and truthfulness.
Registered in England and Wales Company Number 08156759