Moving on Up! Supporting your child through Change and Transitions
This page has been put together by Mrs Knights (Nurture & Inclusion Leader) to offer ideas for supporting our children through transitions and changes, as we say goodbye to this school year, and look forward to starting the new one in September.
Transition is a process not an event
- First, we need to accept that change happens
- Help prepare yourself for change
- Know that you can build resilience to manage change
- Sometimes you are the change in the change
With every change, there is loss and gain.
ONLINE RESOURCES ABOUT CHILDREN & CHANGE - check out:
- Some ideas for helping kids cope with anxiety and stress - back-to-school and classroom transitions.
- How to help your child when a teacher leaves or gets a new teacher.