Term 2 Week 5
"In guided reading some of us have been reading 'There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom" (Yasin).
"During PE we have been learning to play hockey" (Jess).
"In English we are learning about Macbeth where the main character has just murdered King Duncan" (Ikhlaas).
"During RE, we went to the church and learnt about the history of the building and about the stained glass windows" (Laurie).
Term 2 Week 4
Home Learning Update
This week we have started to learn about income and budgeting. Please have a discussion about how much bills cost and other expenses. These questions could help guide your discussion...
1) How much does a food shop cost each week?
2) What bills do we pay?
3) How much does it cost to pay for electricity, water, WIFI? etc
4) What do you need to pay in order to drive a car?
5) What's insurance?
Term 2 Week 3
"In PE we have been learning to dance to a well known pop song" (Dawid).
"In English we have been learning Shakespearean language" (Sabira).
"In maths we have been learning how to add and subtract fractions" (Te'ya).
"In science we have been learning about the circulatory system" (Laurie).
Term 2 Week 1
Hello everyone and thank you for dropping into 6 Sycamore's class page!
A new term brings a brand new topic. We will be continuing to use all the skills and knowledge that we acquired last term to solve problems and challenges this term. The children will also be using their team work skills gained from camp to solve scientific investigations with a focus on the human body.
Our topic is called 'Wise Choices - Bright Futures' and the key question is 'Can you aim too high?'. For this we will be using the tragedy of Macbeth written by William Shakespeare in the seventeenth century to explore goal setting. Furthermore, we will be using our understanding of maths to plan ahead and budget for everyday items. We hope that this will inspire the children into thinking about life outside of school and their aspirations for the future.
Home Learning - Suggested Ideas for the Term
- Read 20 minutes every day.
- Practise spellings that you find hard.
- Quickly recite your times tables - once this has been mastered you can then do the inverse.
- Research about the great William Shakespeare.
- Invent a way to put a star at the top of a Christmas tree.
- Create a monthly news update for your friends in the class.
- Create your own William Shakespeare rap or poem.
- Find as many ways that you could use fractions around your home and local environment.
- Research about Scotland and the beauty within. Where does Macbeth come from?
- Plan a meal and buy the ingredients with your family. What did you notice about the price? What surprised you? Were you able to get any good deals that were on offer?
Tuesday 6th November 2018
Today was our first day back! To kick off the day, we were visited by the 3 witches that were involved in Macbeth. They acted out the opening act of scene 1 in a drama filled hook. The children then asked question to witches about what they were doing. Photos to follow shortly!