Term 2 - The Invaders
Ideas for Home Learning in Term 2
- Our topic this term is Invaders with a focus on The Vikings. What can you find out about them?
- By the end of year four children are expected to know all their times tables up to 12 x 12. You can practice tables in fun ways at home. You can chant them, give quick fire questions in any order or there are games you can play on the internet, for example Bubble Multiples: http://www.teachitmaths.co.uk/bubblemultiples
- In year four you need to be able to spell lots of different homophones. Do you know how to spell these homophones and their different meanings? Can you think of any more
- peace and piece
- main and mane
- fare and fair
- rain and reign
- there, their and they’re
- cereal and serial
- whether and weather
- sale and sail
- Telling the time is so important; you can use clocks everywhere you go to tell the time. Try using both analogue and digital clocks.
- You can also use the top marks website to play English and Maths games: http://www.topmarks.co.uk/