Term 4- A Picture Paints A 1000 Words
Term 4 Week 2 Update
"Yesterday was World Book Day and we participated in the Battle of the Books." (Caolan)
"In maths we have been learning how to convert metres into centimetres and millimetres." (Scarlet)
"Today, after lunch time, we practised our school play - The Wind in the Willows." (Amel)
"In English, we wrote sentences about whether or not Jemmy Button going to Britain was a good idea." (Mohamed)
"During computing, we have been learning about flip-o-rama which is paper animation." (Archie)
"On Tuesday, we went to forest school and we did some great activities such as whittling and den building." (Amy)
Life Skills Day- First Aid
- Today we did a first aid course and we learnt what to do if someone is unconscious and what to do if someone is having an asthma attack.
- We practised doing CPR on the dummies and putting each other in the recovery position.
- Some children in the class went on the climate change march in Bristol, we had to stand in the rain but did get to listen to Greta Thunberg.
- In maths we did an assessment on shapes and angles.
- In topic we have been learning about South America, we used the atlas to find out information about where it is and what is is like.
- In forest school we learnt how to take photos of interesting trees and how to take tree rubbings.
- In english we wrote a diary as though we were Jemmy Button. Some men asked to take him to a different country.
- We looked at the front cover of Jemmy Button and made our own predictions about what we thought might happen.
- In PE we learnt how to do 2 different passes in rugby.
- In RE we were learning about the Easter story. We learnt about what different people said and did.
We hope you all had a relaxing holiday and are refreshed for another busy term!
This term our topic is called ' A Picture Paints A 1000 Words'. We will be using a story called 'Jemmy Button' as the inspiration for our topic.
Please do take a look at this terms knowledge organiser to see what the children will be covering this term in their topic.
Unfortunately, the swimming pool is still not open due to the work but we will keep you updated with any news.
This term we will be doing a workshop at the church, visiting the farm for our science and will be going out to forest school every week. Children will need to bring in warm clothes, waterproofs and wellies into school for these sessions. We will be needing parent helpers so please let the office or class teachers know if you can support us.
Forest School Dates (afternoon sessions):
Wednesday 26th February
Tuesday 3rd March
Tuesday 10th March
Tuesday 17th March
Thursday 26th March
Thursday 2nd April
We are also working with year 4 to put on a show... Wind and the Willows. So look out for further information.
Please support your child by listening to them read, practise spellings and timetables and support them to learn the vocabulary from the knowledge organisers. There is a suggested dice game which the children will enjoy.